POSTAGE PAID a mail in group art show and exchange ♥ Share This:
Opening Reception: Saturday, January 18, 2020 - 7pm to 11pm
Runs till: Saturday, February 29, 2020
"POSTAGE PAID" is a mail in art show open to anyone and everyone all over the world as long as you can create art on a 4"x6" postcard and mail it direly to us!
"Mail Art" is a movement centered on sending small scale works through the postal service, and is also known as postal art or correspondence art. It initially developed in the New York Correspondence School in the 1950s and has since developed into a global art movement.
1. Your postcard art MUST be mailed to us. even if you are local! Thats part of the fun! No frames, packaging etc it must be mailed like a post card raw for all to see! So keep it PG ! Art gory or graphic may be confiscated by the postal service!
2. You may use a pre-printed post card or make one yourself out of anything rigid as long as the back is left plain and has space for a stamp, your return address and our mailing address and the postal service can cancel stamp over your stamp. Please see https//faq.usps.com/s/article/How-do-I-Address-a-Postcard
3. Create art on your 4"x6" postcards by making a Collage, digital print, use paint, colored pencil, watercolor, etc. Just please dont use chunky glitter, assemblages that will fall off or charcoal, pastels etc. that have not been properly sealed.
4. Please send at least 2 pieces if you would like to include in the post card exchange. The left side of the postcard must contain your name and address to participate in the postcard exchange. You may send up to 5 pieces, but please remember your art will not be returned to you. Instead for participating we will mail you back 1 random post card art piece from the show after the show ends. Each postcard will be priced at $10 and can be purchased on opening night. All sales of the art will go towards the cost of the show. You will not be paid if your piece sells.
5. Please send your art by JAN 6th 2020.
This is a collaborative group show and we thank you for participating!